1. This policy governs the collection and use of your personal information by Norwex. If you are in Australia, "Norwex" means Norwex Australia Pty Limited, and if you are in New Zealand "Norwex" means Norwex New Zealand Limited, and their related entities and employees.
2. This policy is a statement of commitment by Norwex to comply with the applicable privacy legislation. From time to time this policy will be reviewed and updated, without notice to you. Revised policies will be posted on our website.
How we collect personal information
Generally we collect personal information directly from you in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email and when you provide it to us through our website, by entering promotions or requesting information or material from us, completing surveys or providing feedback. Sometimes Norwex will collect personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, from your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser, your employer or publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
What personal information we collect
Generally we collect your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, occupation, financial information and an other information about you to enable us to assess your needs in relation to your business activities as an independent distributor of Norwex products or employment with Norwex and assist us in conducting our business in general.
Security of Credit Card Information
When you purchase Norwex products from Norwex and supply your credit card information this will be held in Securepay for record purposes.
Crucially, your credit card details are only transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is NOT stored on our Internet servers. Online credit card payments are currently processed using a third party payment gateway service run by Securepay Pty Ltd.
If we change this third party service provider, we will notify you here.
For Customers placing orders directly through a Norwex Consultant's public norwexbiz site (i.e. namename.norwexbiz.com.au or namename.norwexbiz.nz) no credit card information is held once the transaction is complete.
How we use information collected
We use your personal information to provide and promote Norwex services to you, including:
· Conducting our business;
· Communicating information about our products and services to you; and
· For our internal administration, marketing, planning, development and research requirements.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, including, for example:
· Regulatory and contractual reporting and compliance;
· Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
· Servicing our relationship with you by providing updates and marketing to you;
· Involving you in market research and surveying you; and
· Analysing trends in sales.
Disclosure of information
For example, we disclose personal information such as your delivery address to a delivery service provider (ie a courier) when you place your order. Norwex has taken reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated by third party service providers in a manner consistent with the privacy law applicable to the company.
Information collected by Norwex maybe sent overseas to other Norwex companies and third party suppliers in the USA, Canada and Norway.
Accessing your information
You have the right to request access to your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. We note that we are not required to provide access to information in certain situations, but if we refuse access, we will give you our reasons for doing so. You can ask for information about you to be deleted, added or otherwise corrected. If a correction is sought but not made, you are entitled to request that a statement to this effect is attached to the relevant information. Where requested, Norwex must correct personal information if it is satisfied, after taking into account that the corrections are necessary to ensure that the information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. To access your information or request its correction, use the contact details set out below.
Storage of information
Norwex will take reasonable steps to:
· Ensure that the personal information collected and used is accurate, complete and up to date,
· Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it no longer needs it for any purpose; and
· Protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or other applicable privacy laws, you may complain to us by using the contact details set out below. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 5 business days, by making contact with you to inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, need further information or do not think we are in breach. We will also let you know the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may refer your complaint Office of the Australian Information Commissioner(if you are in Australia) (www.oaic.gov.au) or the Privacy Commissioner (if you are in New Zealand) (https://www.privacy.org.nz/). For the avoidance of doubt, you may choose to refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at any time.
The Privacy Officer - Norwex Australia Pty Limited
P O Box 408
Deception Bay, QLD 4508
The Privacy Officer - Norwex New Zealand Limited
P O Box 335
Last updated March 17, 2016 Version 1.3